Wednesday, January 10, 2007




I made this guy pretty nervous when I first stopped and he considered taking flight, but then he settled back down. Is he awesome looking or what? Such a magnificent bird.








I had to laugh at myself while taking these photos because back in November my husband and I were trying to decide what kind of new car to get. He wanted certain features and I wanted others. I had never had a sun roof before so I told him I thought one would be kind of fun. He wanted to know what in the world I would ever need something like that for. Well, now I have the answer! I parked right to the side of this bald eagle, popped the roof open, and shot away! Gotta love those little extras! Now I am off to Salt Lake City to a convention for three days so no posts until I get back. Don't want to take my Nikon to the big city so think I will opt for the p & s. Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Liz said...

Great shots of the eagle. I really like the naked tree and clear blue sky they are the perfect backdrop for this photo(not that you had any control over that but still GORGEOUS shot).

Michelle said...

what a great reason for a sunroof! great pics!

nomo wino daph said...

Great shot, what a cool capture. I would love to get a shot of an eagle!

. said...

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen an eagle just flying around. Great shots!

Andrea said...

Great captures! I really like the first pic, but they are both great!

Debbie said...

Wow, awesome shots!

amazing grace said...

how fun you got a shot of the eagle! very cool.

Krissynae said...

Beautiful eagle. He is gorgeous. Amazing shot

Monica said...

OMG.. that is my dream.. to get a close up shot of an eagle! Great shots and lucky you!!